I am Josiah Meigs Professor emeritus of communication studies, the University of Georgia. I retired in 2000 after teaching public speaking, history and criticism of American public address, African American public address, rhetorical criticism, and related courses since 1967. I studied at Auburn University, Florida State University, and Louisiana State University. I served 3 years in the U.S. Marine Corps as sergeant.
Logue's hypothesis of Distance and Time Traveled: "Distance and time traveled are proportionate to anxiety or pleasure experienced before and during trip."
1. Going Home Alabama is a personal narrative about incidents I experienced growing up in Pine Apple, Greensboro, Evergreen, and Auburn, Alabama and beyond.
2. Pilgrimage to the Holy Land is about what I observed and learned on a trip in 2008 to Israel, Jordan, and Bethlehem (the West Bank), along with further study when returning home.
3. Wood Carvings includes pictures of carvings I have done over thirty years, primarily about themes of the South, such as a woman making lye soup. Pictures of the log cabin we built end this section. (All but two are carved from one piece of wood (a driver sitting on a wagon with horse or mule; and ears on a cow. Should you choose this link, it takes a while for the pictures to show.)
4. Selected Publications is a list of some of the items I published (in some instances with colleagues).
5. Carvings of images from Jesus' Ministry -- pictures of carvings of images from the New Testament, completed in 2011 and 2012, using basswood, butternut (both from Wisconsin) and Georgia cedar. (Each is carved from one piece of wood with maybe one exception.)
(While the other carvings are not for sale, this series was exhibited at the Lyndon House Arts Center, Athens, Georgia, 2017 and sold.)
6. Carvings of Old Testament Images -- pictures of carvings of images from the Old Testament (Jewish Bible). (Each is carved from one piece of wood.) Carved in 2011 and 1012. (While the other carvings are not for sale, this series was exhibited at the Lyndon House Arts Center Athens, Georgia, 2017 and sold.)
Have not had a chance to add pictures of carvings done while at Presbyterian Villlage, Athens.
Type your paragraph here.
Copyright © 2016 Logue's Lane. All rights reserved.